About Awadhi Gosht Korma Recipe: Relish a delectable mutton preparation cooked in a traditional Lucknowi dum style. Straight from the kitchens of Srinagar, comes a mouth-watering delicacy to prepare on the festivities of Ramadan. Mutton cooked in dum along with a myriad of spices and herbs, serve with sheermal or paratha for a hearty meal.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 45 mins
Total Cook Time: 2 hrs
- 1 Kg mutton
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 1 tsp whole cinnamon
- 2 Black cardamoms
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic (ground), fried
- 1 tsp onion (ground), fried
- 3 tbsp yogurt (beaten)
- 2 tsp gulab jal
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg-coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp saffron, soaked
- to taste salt
- Few drops of ittar
- Wheat dough (for dum)
- for garnishing fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
- Add the meat and saute till lightly fried.
- Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
- When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic paste and onion paste.
- Mix well and add yogurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
- Add a few drops of ittar and cover the pan.
- Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
- Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger juliennes and serve.
- for garnishing ginger, julienne.