Lightened-up tuna melt loaded with flavor and makes for a light lunch, brunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Large Zucchini halved lengthwise1 Large Zucchini halved lengthwise
- Kosher salt and pepper, to tasteKosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 5oz Can Tuna drained1 5oz Can Tuna drained
- 1 Stalk Celery finely chopped1 Stalk Celery finely chopped
- ½ small Red Onion diced½ small Red Onion diced
- ¼ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt¼ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Dill2 Tbsp Chopped Dill
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Jalapeno thinly sliced or chopped1 Jalapeno thinly sliced or chopped
- ¼ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese¼ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped TomatoesChopped Tomatoes
- Red chili peppersRed chili peppers
- Green OnionsGreen Onions
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then scoop out the insides and save for another use.
- Place the zucchini into the prepared baking tray, and spray with cooking oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then place into the middle rack of the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add tuna, celery, red onion, yogurt, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and jalapeño. Mix until combined, then taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Stuff the zucchini with the tuna mixture then sprinkle with cheddar.
- Continue to bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!