Okonomiyaki is one of Japan’s delicious snacks that is easy to make. This omelette-based food is based on eggs, flour and vegetables. In addition to healthy foods that are famous in parts of Hiroshima and Osaka is also delicious with a sprinkling of fish and mayonnaise on it. Uniquely, the dried tuna shavings called Katsuobushi can be seen dancing you know if exposed to heat from okonomiyaki.
You can also enjoy the delicious homemade okonomiyaki at home. Prepare the ingredients, ladies.
- 90 grams of white cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly grated
- 2 scallions, thickly sliced
- 45 grams of flour
- 5 tablespoons broth
- Katsuoboshi to taste
- Nori to taste
- 1 teaspoon of broth powder
- 1 egg
- Squid to taste, sliced into small pieces (squid can be replaced with octopus)
- Mayonnaise to taste
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce English
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- enough sugar
- squid broth or octopus broth
How to make sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients above. Stir until evenly distributed and achieve the desired thickness.
How To Cook :
1. Mix the cabbage, flour and broth, stir.
2. After the ingredients are mixed, add carrots, leeks and eggs into the batter no.1.
3. Pour half of the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan, fill in the sliced squid, then cover the remaining with the remaining okonomiyaki mixture
4. Flip the dough and cover if the dough is felt thick (if the thickness of the okonomiyaki is more than 1 cm)
5. Wait until the mixture is fragrant and cooked
6. Lift the okonomiyaki from the frying pan, cut into pieces.
7. Give sauce, mayonnaise, sprinkles of katsuobushi and nori slices on top of okonomiyaki.