Try these satisfyingly sticky salmon skewers with wasabi mayo that are perfect for celebrating the lunar new year.
Prep : 15 minutes
Cook : 5 minutes
total time : 20 minutes
- 2 tbs Obento Japanese Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 3 tsp Obento Cooking Sake
- 1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 green shallots, cut into 2cm lengths, plus extra, sliced, to sprinkle
- 500g skinless salmon fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cups finely shredded white cabbage
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to sprinkle
- Black sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- 125g (1 ⁄2 cup) Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp S&B Wasabi paste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Place the soy sauce, mirin seasoning, cooking sake, sugar and ginger in a small bowl. Use a fork to whisk together until the sugar has dissolved.
- To make the wasabi mayo, combine all the ingredients in a small serving bowl.
- Alternately thread shallot and salmon onto 8 presoaked bamboo skewers.
- Arrange the white cabbage on a serving platter. Sprinkle with coriander, sesame seeds and extra shallot.
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Add skewers to pan. Brush with some of the soy sauce mixture and cook for 30 seconds. Turn and brush with some of remaining soy mixture. Cook for a further 30 seconds or until cooked to your liking. Transfer skewers to the platter.
- Pour the remaining soy sauce mixture into the pan. Simmer for 30 seconds. Drizzle the sauce over the skewers. Serve with the wasabi mayo and lime cheeks.