kingfish steaks marinated with ginger, garlic and red chilli paste, cooked on griddle, finished with lemon juice.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Cook Time: 20 mins
- 825 Gram Surmai (king fish steaks) 3 pieces
- 2 Lemons
- 4 tsp Salt
- 5 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5 tsp Turmeric Powder
second marination :
- 3 ½ Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 3 ½ Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 8 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- for frying
- 8 Tbsp Refined Oil
- Pat dry the king fish steaks.
- Marinate the fish with salt, lemon juice, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Set aside for an hour.
- In a separate bowl mix mustard oil, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Marinate the fish in the second marinade. Keep it for a couple of hours.
- Heat refined oil on a tawa, when hot, add the marinated steaks one by one and cook evenly from both the sides till cooked and golden brown on both sides.
- serve hot.