Sundanese cuisine menu with simple seasonings always manages to increase the appetite of the audience. One of the popular dishes is the recipe for stir-fry genjer oncom.
Genjer itself is a type of swamp plant that is often found in rice fields or shallow water.
These vegetables are often processed as stir-fry combined with oncom, cayenne pepper and various simple herbs to taste delicious.
There are vitamins A, B1, protein, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, iron and minerals that are believed to help the body stay in shape.
- The main ingredient that you need to prepare is 500 grams of genre and the flowers, and 2 cm galangal, which is bruised.
- Then 2 bay leaves, 10 red cayenne pepper, memarkan, 1 piece (150 g) red oncom, 3 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 3 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Genjer oncom’s subtle seasoning consists of 3 red chilies, 10 onions, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon shrimp paste and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- The initial step that must be done is to clean the genes and take the flowers. Then cut the stems to the size of 4 cm and boil briefly in boiling water, then drain.
- Next, heat the oil in a skillet then saute the spices, add galangal and bay leaves. Stir until it smells good, then add cayenne pepper.
- After that, squeeze the red oncom roughly and put it in the pan, then stir again. If so, pour water, and add sugar, then stir again until all ingredients are even again.
- Insert the genjer, cook until the genjer withers and all the ingredients are cooked and the liquid is somewhat dry, remove from heat. Transfer the stir-fried genjer into a serving plate, serve.